Me

Me

Friday, September 30, 2016

The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep



Looking for a great historical read, then grab Michelle Griep's The Captive Heart. Samuel Heath needs a mother for his young daughter, so he buys the indenture for Eleanor Morgan and promptly marries her, Then they go off to his cabin in the woods. Not really liking each other, this is a marriage in name only. Prim and proper Ellie must adjust to life in the wilderness, not an easy task.
This book explores the awesomeness of G-d's forgiveness and shows how we all fall short. I loved the depth of characters and often found myself wanting to shake some sense into Elle. Michelle did a wonderful job of describing the surroundings This ook will go onto my keeper shelf!
I was given this book by Netgalley.com in exchange for my opinion, but all thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment