Me

Me

Monday, February 10, 2014

My review of Mona Hodgson's Prairie Song
I have been a fan of Mona Hodgson since I read her Cripple Creek series. She does a wonderful job of developing characters into friends that you don't want to say goodbye too. Her new series, Hearts Seeking Home, has it's own share of delightful characters.
I started reading book 1, Prairie Song expecting a tale of people heading west on a wagon train. I assumed I would be reading of the usual trials and illnesses that were the unfortunate reality of travel west. But I found so much more. This is a story of secrets, everyone has secrets, reasons not to be close to anyone, reasons to head west and leave their lives behind.
Along with the drama of secrets, Mona also created several romances.Among the 48 people traveling together are people of various ethnic groups, several of whom cannot speak English. Slowly all of these people blend into a loose family of sorts. With 5 months of traveling 15 to 20 miles a day they must all learn to depend upon one another. As they let down their guard with one another, they must also open their hearts and share their secrets.
I can sincerely recommend Prairie Song as an enjoyable trip into another time and am looking forward to my next visit in book 2

No comments:

Post a Comment