Me

Me

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Butterfly and The Violin by Christy Cambron


   Kristy Cambron's the Butterfly and the Violin is one of the best books I have read this year. I was quickly drawn in by the story and loved the story within a story format. Sera James and William Hanover live in modern times. She is a Manhattan art dealer and he is the CEO of his family's corporation.They are both searching for the same portrait, each for their own reason. Their search uncovers the love story of  Adele Von Bron, Austrian aristocrat and Vladimir Nicolai a Jew.
   I loved the romance and self sacrifice of the story. The word pictures create an image of the fear endures by all who opposed Hitler and his minions. The story although fictitious had a realistic, this may really have happened feel to it and I had trouble setting it aside to keep up with my household chores. I wanted to discover Adele and Vladimir's story as much as Sera and William did.
    I hope you settle in for a weekend read and become as enthralled as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment