Me

Me

Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Sparrow In Terezin



Fans of The Butterfly and the Violin will love A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron.It is again a story within a story. Present day,it is  William and Sera's wedding day, as they say 'I do" William is arrested.Sera cannot leave William's fate to the lawyers, despite William's pleas to stay out of it. Meanwhile in World War two London Kaja meets Liam setting in motion the adventure of a lifetime.
I love the way Kristy ties the two worlds together. Kristy has done an excellent job of making both stories fit together. Her characters are strong and complex. I found myself not wanting to do anything but find out what happens next. Kristy manages to paint word pictures of the terror of the bombings in London and the despair of the ghettos under Hitler. She accurately portrays the themes of redemption and forgiveness.
I look forward to reading more books by Kristy.

No comments:

Post a Comment