Me

Me

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Luther and Katharina by Jody Hedlund


  Luther and Katharina is Jody's best book yet. I love historical novels about real people and Jody does an excellent job. You can tell she loves research, her novels are rich with details that make the stories come alive. Some of the details in this book are so realistic that I felt my stomach twist at the vivid picture her words conjured in my mind. I jumped to conclusions about certain characters, only to be proven wrong. The story is fast-paced and draws one along, often causing lack of sleep.
   Luther and Katharina will stick with you long after you finish reading the last page. It will also cause you to wonder, what would you endure to stay true to your faith? It is important to learn about the Heroes of the Faith and Jody brings them to life in a way that showcases their beliefs, while maintaining their humanity.
    I was given this book for review, but the opinions are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment