Me

Me

Monday, July 27, 2015

Shadows Of Ladenbrooke Manor by Melanie Dobson



Shadows Of Ladenbrooke Manor is an excellent book. It is a book of deception and redemption. The Doyle family is created by deception and this seeps down through the generations reminding me of the verses The Lord...visits the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation. (Exodus 34:6-7 = Deuteronomy 5:8-10).
It was interesting to read as the book actually contains two storylines that alternate chapters. The characters are well developed and for the most part quite likeable, in spite of their faults. As a person who works with special needs children, I found it quite interesting to see how these children were handled in the 1950s-'60s. I found myself caught up in their lives, needing to know what happened next. I will certainly be on the lookout for more books by Melanie Dobson.

No comments:

Post a Comment